Job Title: Employment Specialist, International Services Center of Cleveland
Reports to: Project Manager and Executive Director
- B.S. or B.A.
- At least 3 years work experience.
- Human resources, sales or administrative experience preferred.
- Knowledge of community resources and the employment process.
- Knowledge of the refugee resettlement process preferred.
- Excellent communication and advocacy skills.
- Creativity and initiative to develop and follow through with projects.
- Ability to work with multicultural groups.
The Employment Specialist will provide job assessment, career planning services, job coaching , job development, and sustainable job placement for all new refugees at the International Services Center. The E.S. is responsible for cold calls to employers and networking in the community to develop ongoing relationships with employers with an end result of sustainable employment for refugees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with agency case manager and executive director to determine non-match or match grant status.
- Complete initial employment intake interview with clients to assess employability , strengths and potential obstacles.
- Develop new employer relationships that are productive for the refugee client base and lead to full time sustainable employment.
- Document job readiness process, employment process, and follow up contact with employer in client’s case file.
- Review national and local employment data to decipher meaningful employment trends that apply to current employment searches in Greater Cleveland.
- Provide one on one coaching as it relates to interviewing, employer expectations, application process, and employment.
- Accompany clients to employer-required employment processes.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Services offers individuals, groups and families an opportunity to volunteer with a variety of programs and services designed to engage, advocate and support the mission of our organization.
Find out how to help the uprooted, and under-served. Here is our menu of volunteer options:
- Refugee Resettlement
- Employability Services
- Cross Cultural Training & Awareness
- Anti-Trafficking Advocacy
Email Community Relations Coordinator Rachel Donaldson at email@example.com, call us directly at 216-781-4560, or fill out the form to the right to learn more about our current volunteer opportunities.
JOIN YOUR FELLOW CLEVELANDERS IN BUILDING A BRIGHTER FUTURE FOR REFUGEES!